The system has been optimized for current browsers. We recommend: Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 2+, Safari 3+, Google Chrome or Opera 9.5+.
Submitting a New Abstract
- To begin a new abstract, choose "Submissions" from the left-hand menu and click on "Create a New Submission" on the next page.
Reviewing an Abstract
- To view, print, or continue editing abstracts previously created, choose "Submissions" from the left-hand menu.
- There is a limit of 300 words for the text of your abstract body/title. The count does not include the authors. You will be advised of your word count usage throughout the submission process as you save and move to the next step.
- The title should be entered in initial cap format (example: Spatial Distribution of the Ran....). Do not use formatting tags in the title. You may copy and paste your abstract body from a word processing program (for example, Microsoft Word) into the appropriate sections.
- If you copy and paste the title and/or body of your submission from your word processor, special characters should transfer, but formatting will not transfer. You can insert special characters and/or formatting tags using the Special Characters Palette. To access the palette, click on the "Special Characters" button located on the Title/Body page.
- You may embed black and white graphics, charts, or equations into the body of your abstract. Remember, each graphic reduces the total allowable word count by 100 words. Be sure to set the word wrap of your word processor so text flows around any embedded images. All abstracts will be printed in black and white. Convert your color images to black and white prior to inserting them in your abstract.
Select the presentation preference (Poster Only or Poster with Consideration for Speaker Presentation).
Author Block Information
- You will be asked to enter all the institutional affiliations for your authors prior to adding the authors. Affiliations must appear in chronological order within the author listing. After entering all affiliations, you will proceed to the next step of adding authors and then associating them with the already entered affiliations.
- Please enter all authors in the order they should appear in the heading of the abstract. Authors should be ordered such that their institutions are in chronological order. The following is an example of an incorrect author string (the last two are out of order): J.B. Garcia1,2, A. Smith2, M.I. Wu4, B. Abbas3. Affiliation order can be changed in the Affiliations step. If you (the Contact Author) are not the Presenter on a submission, you will need to provide contact information for the Presenter.
Authors of submitted abstracts must complete the disclosure statement in the electronic abstract submission form. Disclosure should include any relationships that may bias one’s presentation or which, if known, could give the perception of bias. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- Stock options or bond holdings in a for-profit corporation or self-directed pension plan
- Research grants
- Employment (full or part-time)
- Ownership or partnership
- Consulting fees or other remuneration
- Non-remunerative positions of influence such as officer, board member, trustee, or
- Receipt of royalties
- Speaker's bureau
Abstracts submitted must represent scientific research that cannot be perceived as marketing a specific product or company. Abstracts promoting a particular product or service will not be programmed.
Completing your submission
Carefully check the proof of your abstract. Make sure all special characters and formatting are displaying properly in your proof. If you find errors, return to the appropriate page by clicking on the page name in the left-hand menu to make your corrections.
If you have not completed all required sections and details, you will not be able to submit. When all required information is entered, the "Submit" button will appear at the bottom of the "Proof and Submit" page. Submissions may be returned to draft status, edited and re-submitted an unlimited number of times until the submission deadline. Select "View Submissions" from the left-hand menu, and in the "Submissions" box select "Return to Draft" next to the appropriate abstract.
Submission or Meeting Questions
If you have questions regarding the submission criteria or questions about the meeting, please contact BPS at 240-290-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours of operation are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm ET.
If you have any difficulty with the submission process, please email BPS Technical Support at email@example.com or call 240-290-5600. BPS Technical Support is available M-F from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ET.